The Chislehurst Business Group is the organisation behind the Visit Chislehurst brand. We were granted a small grant from the Chislehurst Society to set up our initial website and our loyal band of businesses has grown ever since.
We have a very clear vision…
Our Vision Statement
Working together to create a thriving and vibrant Chislehurst
To achieve this, we have 4 clear goals;
- We connect and engage Chislehurst residents, businesses and visitors with our community
- We promote opportunities for local businesses within Chislehurst
- We work collaboratively to improve Chislehurst
- We support the funding of the Christmas Lights in Chislehurst
The Chislehurst Business Group exists to promote Chislehurst, ensuring it remains a vibrant town centre in which to live, work and shop.
Any business displaying the Proud to Promote logo, either on-line or in their shop window, are members of the Chislehurst Business Group. They generously contribute financially to our Christmas lights and to promoting Chislehurst.
The Business Group was initially set up in 2006 in partnership with residents, businesses, local groups and the Town Centre Manager at Bromley Council and was called the Chislehurst Town Centre Management Group. The aim was to encourage local businesses to fund the Christmas Lights and to tackle local issues facing our High Street.
With a decline in high streets up and town the country in 2012, the group was re-invigorated, renamed as the Chislehurst Business Group and the Visit Chislehurst brand was established. The vision and mission was agreed as above.
The Chislehurst Business Group was incorporated as a Community Interest Company in April 2016.
We have over 100 organisations and local businesses who support what we stand for as a group and we welcome more!
Shops/businesses in Chislehurst (BR7) are invited to join for £15 per month; charities for £12 per month. All members receive a full editorial page on our website.
Criteria for joining the business group is as follows;
- a) Your business or organisation must be registered to an address in BR7 and operate within the area.
- b) Your business is registered elsewhere but regularly (at least once a week) conducts their business in BR7. Your business/organisation must also contribute to the vision for Visit Chis – creating a thriving and vibrant town. E.g. A weekly yoga class or weekly session from a charitable organisation. Businesses/Organisation of this nature will be considered by the Board of Visit Chislehurst and their decision is final.
- c) Occasionally, we may consider businesses from neighbouring areas where they may significantly contribute to Chislehurst life. This is at the discretion of the board of Visit Chislehurst and their decision is final.
The full benefits of being a Chislehurst Business Member include:
- An organisational page on our website which receives up to 10,000 sessions a month
- An opportunity to be promoted on our Social Media Pages which currently have:
- Almost 9000 followers on Facebook
- Over 4000 followers on twitter
- Over 2000 followers on Instagram
- Opportunity to feature on our website as part of our editorial strategy if you are proactive and send us your press releases
- Your business advert will pop up on our website
- Your events can be featured on our What’s On Section
- Inclusion in all communications about what is happening in Chislehurst
- Access to a closed members Facebook group – the Hangout
- Opportunities to get involved in Visit Chislehurst events either as a participant or as sponsors.
- Networking opportunities
- Breakfast meetings every 4 weeks
- Occasional information evenings on areas such as marketing, social media etc.
Membership ultimately goes towards ensuring we have fabulous Christmas lights each year and to promoting Chislehurst through events and publicity. The group also provides a sense of community and support amongst the businesses.
The group meet every 4 weeks on the first Thursday of every month at 8.30am for enthusiastic discussion about finding ways to promote Chislehurst and Chislehurst businesses together.
- Chair / Director – Mike Jack
- Vice Chair / Director – April Alabi
- Director / Marketing Manager – Sue Horler
- Director / Noticeboards – Liz Nash
- Director / Meetings & Events – Jasmine Griffin – Linklater & Warren
- Directors / Graphic Design support – Mary & Mick Design
- Events – Victoria Whittaker
- Branding & Design – Ari Phillips – Nugget Design
Please note the majority of the above are volunteers.
What we do
Chislehurst Christmas Bonanza
As well as sponsoring the Christmas Lights in the High Street and Belmont Parade, the CBG puts on an event to mark the occasion.
We have organised Halloween Pumpkin Hunts and Easter Egg Hunts supported by many of our lovely local businesses as sponsors.
Chislehurst Town Team
We work closely with the Chislehurst Town Team which looks at the infrastructure of the centre of Chislehurst and attracting new businesses into the area.
The Farmer’s Market, initially set up by the CBG, is held in the Hornbook Car Park at the top of the High Street between 10am – 2pm, on the 3rd Sunday of each month. Local producers offer a range of food they have grown, raised or produced.
In order to promote Chislehurst, we have permanent rigging on our High Street; allowing us to display large banners across the street. You will also notice a number of lamp post banners welcoming visitors to Chislehurst and advertising forthcoming community events such as the Summer Fair or Christmas Event.
We are extremely grateful to local resident Della Lawrence who designed the Chislehurst Logo, and to the team at Nugget Design for producing all our initial publicity material.
If you would you like join the Chislehurst Business Group, please contact us using the form provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions of Membership:
Membership is for an initial minimum term of 12 month and will run for 12 consecutive months from the date when a member has applied, set up their standing order and their application has been approved.
Membership is automatically renewed on the 12 month anniversary unless prior opt out by email has been received.
Membership automatically ceases should the business move out of BR7, or cease to operate, or should the member bring the CBG or VisitChislehurst into disrepute as decided by the CBG CIC Directors. Their decision is final.
The VisitChislehurst logo may only be used by fully paid up members for events organised by the Visit Chislehurst CBG CIC and as otherwise agreed in writing by the CBG Directors.
Members will respect the ethos of CBG which is to be supportive of other Chislehurst Business Group members and the aims of Visit Chislehurst & the CBG.
Complaints about the CBG should be made initially to the chair: email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond within 48 hours to any complaint or query received. This may be an acknowledgement that we have received a complaint whilst further investigations are carried out.
If you believe that any of the information the CBG/Visit Chislehurst holds about you is incorrect or out of date, please email us.
The Visit Chislehurst website may contain links to other websites, which in turn may contain material that has been produced by third parties not affiliated with us. We have no control over those other websites and accept no responsibility or liability for information or content provided on such websites.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]